🏆 +6 years of xp • 💰 32K-37K / year • 🚀
Portugal, Lisbon • 🗣 English
• 📅 ASAP
- The company: Retail Apparel and Fashion company promoting circular economy
- Your profile: Logistics professional with experience in International transportation
- Your mission: manage the shipping strategy and maintain key relationships with carriers
Job Details & Company Facts
Who will you be working for?
Our partner is a Retail Apparel and Fashion company that uses tailor-made technology and operations solutions to connect fashion brands to secondhand marketplaces giving a second life to products.
Their core mission: empower brands through circular economy
What is this job about?
In this position as Transportation Manager your goal is to ensure all the transportation related activities of the company are running smoothly. You will be in charge of overseeing the shipping flows' strategy and managing relationships with carriers and partners.
- Manage the relationships with carriers and service providers ensuring an efficient collaboration
- Negotiate transportation prices as volume increase over time
- Define and implement strategic KPIs and dashboards
- Monitor carriers and service provider's performances by conducting monthly reviews
- Identify any trend or issue that may affect the transportation process, and define actions to be taken accordingly
- Create and execute plans to increase productivity, reduce costs and improve the service
- Identify new shipping services and evaluate their value for the business
- Ensure all processes comply with regulatory rules
- Participate in the budget forecast
- Manage invoices reconciliation, and coordinate claims and disputes
- Analyze enhancement requests raised by the team (process, internal system-related) and coordinate their implementation with the Product and Tech teams of the company
- Lead your team on the daily execution of activities
- Recruit, train, motivate, and develop team potential
What do you need to apply?
- Language skills: advanced level in English (C1+)
- At least 6 years of experience in Logistics in International Transportation (ideally in small parcel industry/retail ecommerce)
- Minimum 2 years in managing and creating new partnerships with Carriers & Service Providers
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing a team
- Ability to forecast budget
- Ability to oversee compliance of processes
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Excellent project management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Autonomous and self-starter
- Great listener and communicator
- Organized and rigorous
- Problem solver
Having any of the following is highly valued by our partner and can be a great plus!
- 2+ years of experience with carriers and service providers management globally
- 6+ years of experience in logistics in the fashion retail industry
- C1 level in German or French
Important: For this position, you will be working in Lisbon, Portugal. You will need to be in possession of an EU VISA.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? It's time to apply! Or tell a friend about this position :).