Trading Officer / Export Manager | Chinese-speaking
🏆 1+ year of xp • 💰 £30k / year • 🚀
China, Hangzhou • 🗣 English
• 📅 ASAP
- The company: supplier of raw materials and machinery.
- Your profile: Junior trader with an interest for raw materials.
- Your mission: grow and retain the company's client portfolio.
Not what you want? Damn... but wait!
Next Station is specialised in international recruiting, so, even if this job as Trading Officer / Export Manager | Chinese-speaking isn't exactly what you're looking for, we have many other job offers that could fit your expectations much better. Just sign up on our platform and tell us what you want. The more we know, the better the fit will be!
To sign up just click here.
Job Details & Company Facts
Who will you be working for?
Our partner is a global supplier of raw materials and machinery.
Their core mission: support their clients with all services needed in the field of international trading.
What is this job about?
In this role as Trading Officer, your goal is to establish and maintain the company's network of suppliers and customers in the Chinese market, and later globally (Taiwan, Vietnam, Korea, India, etc.)
On a daily basis, you communicate with current and potential suppliers as well as across teams.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers and gain new ones
- Visit suppliers and customers on a regular basis
- Report about developments in the market place including activities of competitors and matters relating to the suppliers
- Liaise closely with the head office in London and other representative offices around the world
- Provide regular analysis of market potential for exports of various products
- Create monthly reports detailing all relevant data
- Take an active role in dispute resolution and mitigation of claims if needed
- Adapt to other business activities from time to time
- Explore new business opportunities
Who is this job made for?
This position is perfect for
- junior trading professionals with great interest in raw materials or a similar field.
- professionals with great practical experience in the plastic industry.
What do you need to apply?
- Language skills: bilingual in Chinese and proficient in English
- 1 year of experience as a trader in the plastic sector, other materials, food or commodity OR 2 years of experience in the plastic industry
- Good knowledge of export documentation
- Knowledge of suppliers in Taiwan, Vietnam, Korea, and India
- Ability to communicate with the key decision makers at all levels
- Strong written documentation skills
- Great coordination skills
- Dynamic team player
- Autonomous & responsible
- Solution-focused, service-oriented & proactive
- Good interpersonal skills
- Listener and communicator
Important: For this position, you need to relocate to Hangzhou, China. Nevertheless, you can work a few days from home and will travel around 50 days per year.
Are you ready to push your career and grow within a globally established company? It's time to apply! Or tell a friend about this position :).