General Manager for International Institution
🏆 Senior • 💰 €80k-100k / year • 🚀
Spain, Marbella • 🗣 English
• 📅 ASAP
Must haves to succeed in this job
- Experience founding a business and raising funds
- Experience working in finances and financial planning
- No fear creating disruptive business models
Not what you want? Damn... but wait!
Next Station is specialised in international recruiting, so, even if this job as General Manager for International Institution isn't exactly what you're looking for, we have many other job offers that could fit your expectations much better. Just sign up on our platform and tell us what you want. The more we know, the better the fit will be!
To sign up just click here.
Job Details & Company Facts
Our partner is an interntional university providing a special learning experience based on new technology and a unique living experience.
Their Core Mission: Fostering the education and development of new generations of leaders all around the world.
As General Manager you supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the institution. Your main goal is to make the company profitable!
On a daily basis you enhance the company’s cash flow while keeping the human factor in mind. Your global task will be to set comprehensive goals for performance and growth and to reach them by introducing innovative approaches!
To reach your goals and grow the business you will have to raise money. This includes the following:
- Establishing a growth strategy: market and competitive landscape assessment and prioritization, new growth ideas/products, business cases, criteria for the decision, risks, business planning (P&L management)
- Searching for potential investors and being the main point of contact while handling the fundraising for all projects
- Generating leads for new investment opportunities through repeatable, scalable sales processes
- Leading the long-term strategy & framework in collaboration with other teams
You are not afraid of transforming the current business plan and suggesting ideas nobody tried before!
The upper tasks are only the beginning! As you can imagine, there is a lot more you will be in charge of:
- Developing and executing a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand the customer base
- Leading and motivating subordinates to advance employee engagement
- Developing a high performing managerial team
- Overseeing daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance, HR, etc.)
- Taking financial decisions to advance the business and increase profits
- Enforcing adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Reviewing financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders
- Acting as a point of contact for shareholders and shareholder’s representatives
- Analysing problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions
- Participating in industry-related events or associations that will enhance the organisation's reputation
- Identifying new business opportunities
- Designing and implementing business strategies, plans, and procedures
- Establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
- Evaluating performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
With your ambition to disrupt the industry you love to challenge your team and make them grow with you.
- Language skills: proficient level in English (C1-C2) – Spanish is a great plus
- 4-10 years of professional experience in international business development
- 4 years of team management experience (as General Manager or in other senior managerial position)
- 5+ years of experience in strategic planning in a fast-paced environment
- Master's degree in Business Administration or another relevant field
- Knowledge managing finances and financial planning
- Solid background in launching and scaling companies
- Proven experience raising funds from private, state, and national sources (= experience in fundraising ventures)
- Experience in M&A operations & P&L responsibility!
- Knowledge of the legal system and administration in Spain
- Experience working for globally recognizable companies
- Strong understanding of performance management principles
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and to convert challenges into innovative solutions
- Knowledge of the educational sector is a great plus
- You have highly developed analytical skills (ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, draw valid conclusions, identify alternative solutions, etc.)
- You don't struggle seeing the big picture and working towards it.
- You work proactively, learn fast, and have an innovative way of thinking!
- You are ambitious about creating disruptive business models.
- You like going on business travels 50% of your time (don't worry, the company adapts to the COVID-19 situation).
- You have the spirit of an entrepreneur with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
What You Get
- Competitive salary as well as the opportunity to get shares and a bonus (to be discussed depending on profile)
- Office 5 minutes by car from the beach
- Opportunity to make a change