🏆 3 years of xp • 💰 €32k-35k / year • 🚀
DE, Leipzig • 🗣 German
• 📅 ASAP
- The company: specialist in digital learning solutions.
- Your profile: experienced professional in payroll/accounting.
- Your mission: manage financial paperwork and more!
Not what you want? Damn... but wait!
Next Station is specialised in international recruiting, so, even if this job as Assistant Accountant isn't exactly what you're looking for, we have many other job offers that could fit your expectations much better. Just sign up on our platform and tell us what you want. The more we know, the better the fit will be!
To sign up just click here.
Job Details & Company Facts
Who will you be working for?
Our partner is an award-winning provider of digital learning solutions including bespoke learning and learning management systems.
Their core mission: to combine creativity, technology and learning science to create effective digital learning.
What is this job about?
In this position as Assistant Accountant, you will be in charge of managing and updating all the financial records within the company’s accounting software.
Your main tasks may include
- Processing purchase invoices and maintaining ledger:
- Record, match and process all purchase invoices onto the finance system
- Create payment runs to be approved and paid through banking software
- Generate remittance advice and ensure these are sent to suppliers on a timely basis
- Ensure inter-company invoices and credit card transactions are accurately recorded
- Track debtor balances and create invoices within the credit & collection policies:
- Follow up with clients to ensure timely payments are made based on their contract
- Update the finance system
- Work with relevant teams to raise sales invoices and credit notes
- Record and manage all transactions related to petty cash, credit card and staff expenses
- Ensure employee tax and other deductions are reported and monthly payments are made as authorised
- Prepare the monthly VAT returns for German and Belgium companies
- Collaborate with the senior management accountant to complete the year-end analysis
- Support the team with several tasks to ensure the smooth running of the company
What do you need to apply?
- Language skills: bilingual level in German
- 3 years of experience in accounts payable or accounts receivable
- 3 years of experience in preparing the balance sheet per client's account
- First experience in Belgian or German payroll and/or (post) payroll processes
- Strong understanding of UK Gaap & HGB
- Strong knowledge of the German tax law
- Great organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and good business acumen for problem-solving
- Able to manage time and prioritise workload
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- CIMA or ACCA accounting certification
- Proactive & autonomous
- Highly structured and self-motivated
- Time management
- Attention to details
Important: For this position, you need to relocate to Berlin and have a valid working visa.
What you get in return
- The opportunity to take great responsibility from day one
- The chance for quick professional growth
- Regular training to improve your skills
Are you ready to push your accounting career and grow within an international team? It's time to apply! Or tell a friend about this position :).